Tuesday 28 April 2015

Question 3 - What have you learned from your audience feedback?

These are the questions I asked.
I didn't stick to the questions word for word but used them as a platform to base what I was saying off. This was because I didn't want it to be extremely formal as I wanted them to give me a relaxed and honest answer. Also, I did know these people and I didn't want intimidate them with what I was going to ask them.

  • Some problems I thought about after I recorded them:
  • These problems didn't really matter in the end because they gave me honest answer and I trusted their judgement and not to be bias
  • I was worried they would try and be nicer and not be as harsh but they were amazing, and even though they weren't thrilled about being recorded, they wanted to help with my project.


Open questions I asked for my audience response:
  1. Did you enjoy my short film?
  1. Did you dislike anything about it?
  1. What did you think of the flashbacks?
  1. Is there anything you didn't understand?
  1. Did you feel like the music was appropriate?
  1. What type of atmosphere did you believe the music created?
  1. What genre would you categorise this film into?
  1. Because you mentioned one genre, there are many sub genres present and my shorts falls under some of them. What sub-genres did you categorise my short into?

- I learned from this that the music is crucial. A lot of the audience asked what other music I had or I had considered when I asked them the question about music. I showed them one other possible choice for the music but they then decided that the music I selected was better suited.

- One said and I quote "Music makes a difference, when you alter It even slightly It affects the mood and balance of the film".

- I showed the audience drafts in the past and kept asking my class mates what they thought of my ancillary tasks. I believe it's always best to get a better second opinion because someone with fresh eyes are witnessing it for the first time.

- Within the short film, some had commented on the length of some of the shots and that it could be extended. To begin with, me and Alex cut down a lot of the shots so there would be room for more. Although it is a short film and we have a max of 5 mins we rushed into it and had time to spare. Once we realised that, we lengthened the shots and this pleased the audience because they were able to enjoy the film at their own leisure.


No comments:

Post a Comment